Sunday, 13 August 2017

North for nosh...


Clare's Mum and husband have been up lately and today we headed north for a very nice Sunday dinner at Braewick Cafe, Eshaness.

After roast beef and pudding we needed a bit of fresh air so had a drive along to Stenness and I took a few photos of Dore Holm...


 The light seemed to suit conversion to black and white...


Not a rough day, but still atmospheric...


The Isle of Stenness...


We also went along to Eshaness Lighthouse and were surprised to see a number of puffins still active in Calder's Geo. For some reason I left my camera in the car! Still it was nice just to sit and watch them circling in the geo.

I'm not sure how much activity there'll be on here in the near future, we'll just have to see. I've been getting an awful lot of knee pain all the time and walking is particularly painful and cycling has been severely curtailed to short pootles. X-rays show osteoarthritis in the knee I had an operation in 7 years ago. I'm now waiting to see the orthopaedic surgeon to see if what he has to say, but knee replacement has been mentioned...



4 comments:

  1. Hope your knee gets sorted soon and the pain reduces. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies - I have knee 'issues' and it certainly reduced my walking/cycling - hope it gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete