Sunday, 21 May 2017

A short motor on a sunny day...


It's been a long time since we've been out on Marta for a sail, so despite the lack of wind I caught up with my friend Martin for a motor out around Papa Little.


There wasn't too much bird life about, but the terns are starting to return...


 And there were rafts of guillemots...


And Eiders...


We did see one yacht out sailing, very slowly, but once it got out past Muckle Roe I think there was a bit more wind. We just motored. Marta doesn't have a massive amount of sail and she's a very heavy little yacht.


Vementry in the background...


 It was more a day for catching up, drinking tea and eating biscuits...



Though we did drop a line a few times, we didn't bring home any tea!


 Hopefully we'll get out fro an actual sail before too long. If nothing else it's kept me off my bike for a change!


No comments:

Post a Comment