Saturday, 15 April 2017

Home for Easter

Well, we've just returned from two weeks back home for the Easter Holidays.


We spent a week at my Mam's seeing family including my new granddaughter Isla-Rose...


And had several walks and picnics including a lovely spring day up Roseberry Topping, a local landmark.



Amazing to think it's 22 years since the path restoration I was involved with on Roseberry Topping was finished. it was opened by a childhood hero, David Bellamy, with lunch in The Kings Head afterwards. A big day!

 

I managed to fit in plenty of riding in the area on my own and with my brother both locally and in Dalby Forest. I even did the coastal cinder track from Whitby to Scarborough and back.

Here's a little video of me and my brother reliving our youth on the local moors...


The second week of our holidays we met Clare's Mum and stayed in Whitby with her and her husband with a few of Clare's family dropping in. The weather continued to be great and we had a another week of picnics walks and good food, along with a bit of fishing.



A great Easter break, but we're glad to be home now with a few days to recover before we're back to work and school!

No comments:

Post a Comment