Sunday, 13 November 2016

Waxwing delight

The waxwings have been about in Shetland again.


And again, despite having the biggest hawthorn tree (with some berries) in Shetland, and along with putting apples out, they've been avoiding our place.


The when I was on Foula Clare said she'd seen one in the tree. Typical! But luckily , just as I was heading out with Beren swimming the other day one was there. One, solitary, waxwing. But, wow, what a lovely bird!


May be I'll see another, or even a flock, but I'm not holding my breath!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nothing in Weisdale yet but we don't have many berry bushes around us! However, when we lived n Edinburgh we saw a flock strip a tree in an afternoon, impressive.
      Orrabest

      Delete
  2. Seems some have flocks of them, but still only one here from time to time, but it has discovered the apples. Hope alls well :)

    ReplyDelete