Sunday, 23 October 2016

Sunset dolphins

We've just been away for a couple of weeks visiting family and friend's (more of that in a later post) and just before getting the ferry back I heard there was an orca in Scalloway Harbour! Just my luck. But it turned out to be a couple of striped dolphins and I resigned myself to my usual bad luck with cetaceans.

However, the dolphins were still around today, though less active and circling around in East Voe. Just before sunset I got down there for a quick look...







Apparently yesterday they'd been quite active and even jumping, but not today, just lazy circles in near the marina. I hope they are OK and can move on.

Here's a little bit of video of them. Not too great as the sun was setting behind them; a record if nothing else...



No comments:

Post a Comment