Sunday, 18 September 2016

Snarra Ness, West Burrafirth

Feeling tired after a fair bit of cycling activity lately I decided to have a short wander out and around Snarra Ness near West Burrafirth. A place I was long over due to visit...


Driving out west, take the West Burrafirth turn off and carry on to the end of the road where there's a turning area with space around it before you drop down to the ness.


I've passed Snarra Ness many times on the Papa Stour ferry and been meaning to pop out there as it looked like an interesting headland. Looking out into West Burra Firth...


Looking across to Bousta...


Again, Bousta from a sheltered look out...


And towards The Isle of West Burrafirth...


There's a pretty little lochan sheltered between the humps and bumps on the end of the ness...


It's only a small headland and it was high tide, so I didn't go down and around the shore. Also I had to be back for my dinner!

I saw a good few seals and I wouldn't be surprised if there's the chance of an otter on better tides as I've seen them at West Burrafirth and there are some low banks. I'll certainly pop back another day when I've more time to sit and wander the shore.

Looking back from Snarra Ness to where I parked just past that cream coloured house on the hill...



2 comments:

  1. Stunning scenery! I hope to visit one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh it's well worth a look out there. :)

      Delete