Saturday, 18 June 2016

Out Skerries by the south mouth

I've been to Out Skerries a number of times, but we always went in the north-east mouth to the harbour. In fact I had been told the the south mouth was too risky due to some buoys being misplaced by the council. Well this time with a strong north-easterly wind and big swell we weren't going to be going that way.

Would you like to go through that in a ferry?


Jan, a facebook friend (now real one) and blog follower, from Holland was accompanying me for his first trip there and giving me a hand with a couple of jobs I needed to do.


Sadly it was rough enough that he started to feel a bit rough too. But he soon recovered.


Just two vans and the two of us...


 Approaching the south mouth (see the video below)...


 It was a nice, but blustery cool day.


But it was remarkably dry. A rare day for trainers...


A very nice craft working of the lighthouse in the Kirk...



We had a little shelter in this boaty house which was very nice inside and good enough to stay the night; well in my books!


Here's a short video of some of the 90 minute crossing. As you'll see it was a little rough...


No comments:

Post a Comment