Sunday, 8 May 2016

Sunny Sunday stroll around Sand Wick!




Clare's away at a wedding and I was expecting to do stuff with Beren this afternoon, but he got invited to a party. Lucky him and me! With some time to myself and a sunny day I decided to go to one of my favourite local places, Sand Wick on Burra, for a wander and to take some photos.

The first thing I was greeted by was this pair of cute foals...



They came right up to me and were following me.


Then tea-time called...


This one wasn't so friendly, but was still very cute...


And hungry too after it's nap...


It's always nice to see the foals there, but it's the seals I usually come to watch and they were out enjoying the sun...





  

 After watching them for a while I crept away and headed around the coast. Bird life is just picking up and I had to be careful where I trod. Here's a herring gull nest I nearly stood on...


There were plenty of shags about to, on the cliff and the nest...
 



The other reason I like this bit of coast is the coastal features like this massive arch that you can climb down too...


There's a few along the west coast of Burra...


 Soon enough it was time to head back home. I' had a nice potter about and was pretty tired still from my walk to Uyea on Friday. On the way back a flock of sheep came racing up to the fence, thinking I had food I guess. I didn't. I noticed this naughty one with a device to stop it sneaking out of fences; that'll teach it!



No comments:

Post a Comment