Friday, 6 May 2016

Nice day for a walk to Uyea

I've been needing to add some non-slip strips to stiles and the coastal walk to Uyea and check on the stiles, so with the fine forecast, today seemed like the one.

As I set off from Sandvoe these pretty cows watched me  from the hillside...


The non-slip strips are made of glass impregnated grp. They're heavy, scratchy and irritating and awkward to carry along with everything else...


Still it means I have more of an excuse when I need to stop to admire the view...


And you get some views on this coast!

Grut Ness...


Calders Head...


Looking back with Fethaland in the far distance...


And Uyea ahead where I planned to go for lunch...


What a fine day!


I'd checked the tides and hoped I'd got it right so that I could get across to Uyea for my lunch. I had got the tides right; it was even a low spring. The sand bar was there. But so were hundreds of lazy slug common seals...


And I really didn't feel the need to disturb their sunbathing...


Obviously I'd decided not to bring my telephoto lens with everything else I had to carry!


Still it was nice to have my lunch and watch them unobtrusively.


And take a little bit of video to share...


No comments:

Post a Comment