Sunday, 10 April 2016

A couple of weeks sooth...

It's been quiet of late as we've been away sooth for the Easter holidays visiting friends and family. There's been plenty of photos on my facebook page, but I didn't have a pc to update the blog. I even managed to do a lot of the driving, driving all the way down from Aberdeen for the first time. Anyway, here is a selection of what we got up to in various locations around the UK. Just phone photos I'm afraid.

First stop was back home in East Cleveland visiting my Mam, brother and his family and my daughter and her family. Of course we popped in to Skinningrove to see how things were...


And they were very good with lots of improvements in the village and along the coast.


They've even sorted the jetty out to allow official access and a rainbow welcomed us there...


It was nice to take the...


We'd brought the bikes along and Beren and I had a couple of rides. Him on the 'new to him' bike he got of his uncle John...


And me over the moors and there abouts...




Including popping in to say 'Hi' to Dad at Danby Beacon.


Sadly a lot of the tracks I used to ride and walk have been totally trashed by 4x4s and motorbikes...


Which left me in quite a mess and made some rides just a muddy trudge...

 We had some great days out with Robyn, Adam and Faith too. Them enjoying Jump360 trampoline centre ( I was banned as I'd no doubt cripple myself)...



And a walk up and around Sutton Bank and Gormire Lake...



And obviously we had far too many nice meals out and take-aways in! But it was our holidays.

Next stop was an overnight visit to a friend near Ripon where we had a great trip to Brimham Rocks where Beren thankfully managed not to have an accident, despite getting slightly stuck at one point! 




And then it was a long drive over to North Wales, near Caernarfon, to visit Clare's Dad at his new  house.


We had a great time with visits to many places on Anglesey, our favourite being Newborough Warren and Llanwyddn Island...



Beaumaris Castle was great...


And Caernarfon Castle with the newly installed Shirely Bassey...


Bryn Celli Dhu burial camber...



And the sealife centre...




And all with a back drop of Snowdonia across the Menai Straits...


I had a few rides out on my own, one with Beren and his Grandad and we had a fantastic family ride from Barmouth along the Mawddach Trail to Dolgellau for the day...



The mile long bridge across Barmouth...



 How many caramel wafers Beren?



 We saw a few old puffers too...



If you're exhausted by now, just think how we felt! I've not told you the half of it. But now it was time to start heading north with a stop at Brockhole Nature reserve before a night in Carlisle and then a visit to Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist Monastery in Eskdalemuir.
 


 




 

 Motoring on we stopped in Edinburgh for the night and had a quick yomp up Arthur's Seat as it was such a lovely evening...



 And finally just a little stop over near Perth to visit Kinnoull Woods and Tower, a place we always whiz past on the way to Aberdeen. It was ace. 
 
 

 And now we're home, unpacked, sorted and feeling like we need another holiday to recover. Particularly Clare who's been ill since before we left with a bad chest and throat and is still suffering and hoping to see the GP tomorrow.

Me, well I have a few days in work and then I'm off again for a mountain bike camping trip with a friend in the Highlands. So, watch this space...
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I was only thinking about you and your family on my dog walk this morning. It is 14 weeks and counting until our annual trip up and four years until we can make the permanent move. In the meantime your posts keep me going and I was only thinking that you had gone quiet. It looks as though you had a great time on your hols. Healing vibes for Clare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting closer! It's a beautiful day here today, hope you get fine weather when you're up. Cheers :)

      Delete