Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Fine day on Fair Isle

I've had a trip to Fair Isle booked for a week. I've also had my fingers crossed that the weather would be fine for a week too!


So, when I got up this morning and saw clear blue skies I could hardly believe my luck.


Blue skies, little wind and a hard day in the office ahead.


My main reason for going was to install a people counter on one of the stiles on the core path around the coast. I also checked on the other stiles whilst there and took some photos of a development for a colleague. 

Looking south down the east coast...


I really like this photo looking towards Malcolm's Head from near the shop...


Sheep Rock to the left, the Kirk to the right...


It really was a stunning day and this was my lunch time view. Not bad...


And I spied this feral cat who'd been looking for it's lunch too, in and out of rabbit holes and up and down the cliff...


I could hear sky larks above and the cliffs were filling up paired up fulmars... 


Looking down from Ward Hill towards the north light...


And looking down from the plane home to the north light...


It'll probably be another year before I get back there for work. I hope it's just a nice then!


2 comments:

  1. been there twice...
    Cant get it out of my mind...
    Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete