Friday, 26 February 2016

Broch of Burra Ness

I took advantage of the clear icy day the other day to have a look at a route to the Broch of Burra Ness. It's a Walk Shetland walk, but not one that I have any thing to do with. However, it would be good to have in 'on the books'. So, land managers permitting, we can hopefully do the small amount of work required to make it more usable and add it to the formal network of paths on Yell. 


If I remember correctly the broch is the place where otters were first filmed live in the wild in the UK. I didn't see any otters, though I know this coast is good for them.


Tomorrow I'm of for around an 18km walk with some colleagues from work. The forecast is light winds, clear skies and a crisp day so we're off up Ronas Hill for a walk along the top of Da Lang Ayre to Da Lang Clodiewick and back via Roer Water. Hopefully a day for cracking snowy views and photographs so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment