Saturday, 19 September 2015

High on Foula

So, I was out to Foula yesterday to look at some work done a while ago and investigate a couple of new projects. 


I was pretty lucky with the weather and as some of the things I needed to check were at the north end of the island and the tops were clear I decide to take the high road north as I've not actually been up Da Sneug. And high road it is with a steep climb starting behind the Kirk near the airfield.

Looking down to Da Daal and across to Da Noup from the slopes of Hamnafield...


Just below the summit of Hamnafield (344m) is a memorial to a war time plane crash on the hillside...


Looking along the ridge to Da Sneug...


And back to the south end of the island...


 The view back from Da Sneug (418m)...


Da Kame (376m) is next in the distance...


 Looking back to Da Sneug from Da Kame at a little lunch stop...



The climb down from Da Kame via Soberlie to Da Gaada Stack is very steep and hard on the legs; a time to exercise caution!

I cam across these fellas on Da Nort Banks before carruing on down Soberlie...


Back on more level ground; Da Gaada Stack...


 I've put together a little slide show  of the fantastic panoramas from up high on Foula with back ground music from Fridarey (a Fair Isle band). I hope you enjoy it...


No comments:

Post a Comment