Friday, 11 September 2015

A walk on Kettla Ness, Burra

It's been a sunny, mild, but breezy day today and I went for a walk around Kettla Ness, a headland at the south end of Burra.


I followed the western coast around past the Lotra Of Minn...


And down towards The Heugg at the southern tip of Kettla Ness...


And from The Heugg you get a great view back up the coast... 


I didn't come across a single person on my walk. A few seals, shags on the rocks, flocks of black backed gulls, sheep-obviously, and one solitary bonxie. A great walk out.

I'd brought a tarp to see if I could find a set up that would work in the wind - I didn't find one! I also collected any scraps of wood and dried sheep poo on the way to see if I'd find enough to fuel my wood gas stove for a brew and a freeze dried meal. The stove worked, but lack of a wind sheild meant the water didn't quite reach boiling point. Luckily I had survival rations with me for such an occasion - a steak pie and bag of crisps...


Here's a short video of the walk along the coast...

No comments:

Post a Comment