Sunday, 12 July 2015

Off on a bikepacking adventure...

This time next week I'll be some where in the Cairngorms...


Where I hope to be is cosy in a tent just outside Ballater, but only time will tell!

What I do know is that I plan to get the ferry to Aberdeen then follow the Deesside Way the 42 miles to Ballater. Once there and with a belly full of curry from the Lochnagar Restaurant and suitably rested my next trip will be up the river Gairn to Loch Builg and then down the Avon River to Tomintoul. That's around another 30 miles. A camp and belly full at Tomintoul and then I'll be on my way on the Speyside Way to Buckie on the coast; around 45 miles. Another belly full and cosy camp and it's time to get the train from Keith back to Aberdeen and the ferry home.



Well, that's the plan. If the weather, legs, health or laziness get in the way I might just be camped up somewhere convenient reading a book and stuffing my face. I hope that's not the case though!

Here's a short video of saddo me showing you what I'm taking to help me along on this trip. Thanks for checking in...

No comments:

Post a Comment