Sunday, 1 February 2015

Snow good for cycling

I had a hard work out on the turbo trainer (Sufferfest Downward Spiral) yesterday as the weather was too foul to get out on my bike. This morning despite the strong and cold northerly it was dry, so I set out for a gentle recovery ride up the valley. Little did I know how quick the weather would change...


The temperature was only between 0 and 1c and with a 26mph north-westerly the wind chill was already likely to be -20 c without the addition of me riding into it. And then the snow came...


I carried on thinking it would just be a shower, but it wasn't.


 By the time I got to Tingwall Kirk I'd decided to call it a day. Luckily heading back home was a lot more relaxed with the wind and snow at my back. Pleasant even!


 Only 11km and I need to recover from hypothermia now I think!

Here's a little video of some of it off my phone...



2 comments:

  1. Brrrrrr, though I suppose pedalling hard keeps the body warm if not the face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem was I was trying not to pedal hard after yesterday, pedalling hard would have kept me warm, but no, not my face and head. I'd not put a hat on under my helmet, but wish I had!

      Delete