Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Snow Day!

After yesterday's beautiful day it started snowing last night and snowing and snowing. When I got up for the loo at 4.30am I just had to go out and take a photo. I thought I might see some aurora. I didn't, but I did enjoy a wonderful still view...


When the radio alarm went off we heard that all the school's in Shetland were shut. SNOW DAY!

Time to make snow men, throw snow balls and have fun on another beautiful day...





 We even went for a sledge on berry Hill and round abouts. It was great...



 I doubt the snow will last long but it was fun while it was here! Here's a little video of our sledging fun...




Making the most of the day I even managed a slippy slidy ride out to the Scalloway Light...


I'd lowered all the tyre pressures and had no problem cycling on the snow, though it was hard work keeping the pressure just right. Cycling on the bare 'grass' was another story. It was so slippy at times it was hard to stay up and one bank that I'd cycled down no problem on the way there was so slippy I could hardly walk back up it!


Still both me and Bessy survived to play another day. I'm shattered now, hope I can get to work tomorrow for a rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment