Sunday, 25 January 2015

Views from Garths Ness


In between showers I had a walk around Garths Ness, south of Quendale. Fitful Head is such an impressive and imposing headland, pity it's not readily accessible...



 Enjoying a quick blast of sun...


There are places around here where grey seals pup, but we're past that time.


 There's a nice little sheltered beach where the Burn of Garth come into the sea...


And it's a pretty burn too if you follow it upstream past ancient remains.


I came back along the side of Quendale Bay. A lovely stretch of beach, though the dune at the back have taken a hammering over the winter. I even saw some large and clear otter prints at the far end, but no otters.


Beren's also been having some fun with his first shot on the climbing wall at Clickimin...


He enjoyed it and wants to go back; I'd not say he's looking like a rock star yet. but you never know. Saying that the wall isn't exactly set up for 7 years old's to climb!


I had a quick shot on it too, but my poor old wrists were playing up so I was relegated to belaying and been a pushy Dad.

Up Helly Aa on Tuesday, hope my health doesn't have me missing this one like I missed Scalloway Fire Festival...


No comments:

Post a Comment