Sunday, 30 November 2014

Da Lang Clodie Wick; a hike-a-bike up north

After another period of weeks without being able to do much due to back problems things are finally on the up and despite an iffy forecast I decided to take my new bike out for a ride on from North Roe out to the coast at Da Lang Clodie Wick.


The ride was about 20km in total with sections that were either unrideable due to my fitness or the waterlogged tracks and ground. To be fair, even in the summer, some of it would need a pretty skilled rider to not have to get off and take the bike for a walk. Knowing this I left the bike once I reached the coast and carried on on foot.


Here's a view of Da Lang Clodie Wick from where I left the bike...


And closer...


'The pissing horse' not the nicest name for a waterfall, but fairly appropriate...


The weather came in a bit as I was on my way back to the car so I'm glad I didn't stay too long. As it was I was soaked and caked in mud by the time I arrived back in North Roe. A great ride out there, but I wouldn't complain if it had been a bit drier and even warmer!



Here's a short video of my trip out there...


2 comments: