Sunday, 5 October 2014

A quick trip to Fair Isle

Sorry for the lack of posts of late. With poor health, joints and weather I've really not been up to too much, but hopefully I'll be back on form before too long.

I did manage a quick whiz around Fair Isle the other day though. I wasn't sure if I'd get there as the forecast was pretty poor with wind and rain, but despite a slightly bumpy ride we got in and out and it was actually a pretty lovely, if not windy day.

With the expected weather I hadn't bothered to take my proper camera, so just used my phone for a few photos and videos of the day.


The South Light...


South Harbour...


Not too tough a day in the office and the view for lunch is much better than at my desk...


Rolls Royce turbine power...


Sheep Rock from the south...


 One of the many bird traps in this area of Fair Isle...


Fair Isle Bird Observatory and North Haven...



The Good Shepherd out of the water. I didn't realise that they took her out between sailings...



And here's a short video of my whiz around the island. Not such good quality with the wind and it being from my phone, but a taste of the day none the less...


Well it's that time of year where the gales and rain come and go, so I'll try to get some posts up when I can between the weathers. Bye for now...






No comments:

Post a Comment