Friday, 9 May 2014

An evening walk up to Scrae Field


Being a fine night last night I took myself for a wander up from Sundibanks to Scraefield Radio Station. I half expected the fog to roll in before I got up there but despite a cool breeze it was a lovely evening. About 6.5km through the hills in trainers and no wet feet, makes a change!

Looking down the Clift Sound from Sundibanks...


And back to Scalloway from the start of the hills...


It's full on lambing time now and I saw a number of brand spanking new one's including one that must have only just been born judging by the gunk on it's coat and the placenta hanging out it's mam. Steering clear of them I enjoyed a wonderful view down the Clift Hills...



In the valley before the climb to Scrae Field there was this old tractor near some peat cuttings. I wonder where the rest of it is!


 Looking past the old radio station over Burra...


It was lovely evening walk and a chance to get some fitness back after my long lay off . My back was fine, so all is looking good now to get some more miles in.

Oops! I nearly forgot, I saw my first foal of the year the other day. 2 days old in this photo...



No comments:

Post a Comment