Monday, 19 May 2014

A fine day in the south end

It's been a wonderful day today and despite some fog I even have some sun burn on my bonce.

While out and a bout I took a few photos with a new lens I've got to take to Greenland with me, a Sigma 18-250mm macro. It's not as good for telephoto as my other heavier and faster lens, but a good all round one when weight is an issue, plus it's good for close ups.

Here's a fulmar soaking up the sun...


And an agitated raven...


The flowers are starting to bloom now. Here's some squill...


Thrift...



And marsh marigold...


There are some interesting sedimentary rocks at the south of Shetland...


And even some fossils, plant here?, but there are fish...


 And this arch looks pretty precarious, there's a chunk missing from it's top...



It was a lovely day and the airport rescue boat was making the most of it for some practice retrieving from the water...


Grass is cut, I'm shattered and I hope the weather stays the same tomorrow as I'm up on Yell all day. Lucky me!

3 comments:

  1. Jealous....love Yell. Your photos are fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen. Looking like another fine day here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fossil plants are most likely manganese dendrites. Completely abiological. Gary

    ReplyDelete