Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Sun!

Wow! We've had a couple of lovely days with sun and no wind! There's no where better to be than Shetland when it's like that, sadly it's all going to change back to wind and rain tomorrow, but it was lovely while it lasted, and it will return!

I was up near Fethaland yesterday and the sound of summer approaching was all around with the piping oyster catchers and fulmars being much more active and vocal. I do love fulmars or spoot maalies as they are known up here...


I hoped to see some otters on my walk along the coast so had my long lens handy. I didn't see any, but I did see these prints in the mud. It just shows how wet has been for a small animal like an otter to make such deep prints...


Today I also managed a quick escape from the office after a sunny scenic 8km run to the tip and back at dinner time. After checking on proposed development at Sound where the sea looked very inviting I was down to Leebitten to look at a hole. While I was there I took this photo of the restored Sands Ayre Pier, sadly a couple of guillemots were floating dead alongside it...


It's forecast to be a clear night with the chance of aurora so fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment