Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Sumburgh Head

I was down at Sumburgh Head and roundabouts today and spotted the Good Shepherd IV on her way back to Fair Isle from Grutness. I've been on it before on a nice calm day, this wasn't a particularly rough day, but I don't think I'd have enjoyed my trip so much today!



I didn't catch the worst of the pitching on video, but I'm sure this will be more than enough for most...


It was a bright sunny day, but with a biting wind and a dusting of snow on the hill tops.

Here's the view along The Slither's from Compass Head...


And up to Sumburgh Head Lighthouse from the new carpark...


The old Muckle Roe Lighthouse is a great feature in the carpark. It will become an information kiosk for visitors...


Though you won't get this view I managed to sneak...



The view from the nearly finished Sumburgh Head Lighthouse visitor centre should be great though...



If you visit take a walk along the coast too, you won't regret it...











No comments:

Post a Comment