Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all my blog followers, I hope 2014 is a good one for you!

I'm no night owl so I was in bed before the bells last night, but I was up reasonably early this morning for a run followed by a cold bath to help my achy legs. 

It was quite clear early on with stars out, so after checking the sunrise time and direction on The Photographers Emphemeris I headed out to the A970 above Gulberwick to take some photos of it rising.

As you can see there was a bank of cloud on the horizon, but every cloud has a silver lining and I enjoyed the changing sky as I waited, knowing that out there somewhere the first sun of the year was popping it's head about the sea.

Best watched in HD as usual...


Other than that it's been a lazy day, but I have plans for tomorrow...


After picking my friend up we're off for a walk over Ronas Hill to Lang Ayre, then camping up the coast before returning via Roer Water on Friday. The forecast is reasonable, but it will be cold and windy with the chance of rain as we're walking back to the car tomorrow. Still all good character building stuff!

I'm all packed and ready to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment