Thursday, 24 October 2013

A few macros from the woods

I've been out and about a bit with my in-laws visiting, but the weather hasn't been up to much, especially not for photography. We've 'done' Eshaness including a Sunday soup and sweet and Tangwick Haa, done the sooth end and today Michael's Wood, The Burn of Lunklet, Frankies, Loch of Voe, Kergord and Bonhoga. We had planned on Unst, but the ferries were fully booked on the morning.

I did catch this nice seal at Sand Wick on Burra the other day though...


And our visit to Kergord today had a few gems to brighten up the day...




Many of the fungi that I expected to see had gone over, but there were some other interesting little things. I've no idea on Id. of these so help if you do!


 

With the typical October weather there's no set plans for the rest of the stay, but rest assured we'll be out some where and may be even see some of the cool birds that have been showing up of late...

No comments:

Post a Comment