Saturday, 21 September 2013

Here and there..

I've been a way sooth for a few days this week with work and come back feeling a bit under the weather so not been up to too much, though I did get out to Fethaland the other day which gave me a chance to ear in my new and thankfully waterproof boots. They're Lowa Mountain Boots, not cheap and a bit over the top for up here really, but I can't walk in wellies, my old boots are goosed now and these have plenty of support for my dodgy feet and ankles.

It was a fine day out there, just wish I'd taken my own camera rather than just the works point and snap. Still this panorama of the old haaf station seems to have come together well...


Before I went away I had a short sail out from Voe and around Papa Little with my friend Martin to see if we could get the self steering mechanism sorted on Märta. It took a little fiddling, but we got there in the end and were delighted to see that we now had a way to set course and leave her to it. It'll probably take a little while to get used to trusting it, but it will make life easier if we go on any longer trips freeing us up to do other things like rest and eat without being constantly at the wheel.

Here's a short video from my phone...


Now all we need is the time and weather to go for a weekend away, may be Foula first?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back and posting. I think many of us will have missed reading about your adventures. John.

    ReplyDelete