Saturday, 7 September 2013

Brae Wick, Eshaness

We'll have been up here four years come December. I'm out and about quite alot, but there's still no shortage of places to discover and explore. I was told about how amazing Brae Wick was some time ago and again more recently by a fellow happy snapper when I as up at the Grind O Da Navir.

I need to explore the cliffs more and get down to the beach, but as you can see it's a very impressive place, reminiscent of Da Lang Ayre, but slightly more accessible.

Looking out through Brae Wick with The Drongs centre of frame...


Looking towards the Heads of Grocken and Hillswick Ness...


And back west with Dore Holm in the distance...


I'm still experimenting with macro, especially when the weather is poor and I've discovered a great way to light my subjects...


The pringles tube sits over the on camera flash and has some kitchen roll under the cap to act as a diffuser and it works fantastically even if it looks a bit naff. Damn sight cheaper than an off camera flash too.

I didn't take the following with it, but wish I had. Round leafed Sundew coming into flower...


The colours are actually quite accurate even if they do look a bit day glow. I found a large area of them when I was out near Hamar...


 On Monday I'm off to Fair Isle for the day to check on a large number of stiles we've had replaced or repaired so I hope the weather's fine. I also hope I have the chance for a few pics on my travels...




No comments:

Post a Comment