Thursday, 1 August 2013

Coal Boy...

I was up on Sumburgh Head today so it seemed rude not to have a look and see if many puffins were about. As look had it there were plenty, but one confused me looking like it had just come down a chimney...


I later found out that it's an immature puffin, not some sort of goth puffin and through a comment on Facebook that in Icelandic it is called Kolapiltur or Coal Boy...


There were plenty of puffins about for a dinner time, usually the evening is the best time to go and see them...



 

Down at Grutness the Good Shepherd was just setting off to Fair Isle. This time with a car that had been craned on board, sadly I missed a photo of it happening...


And finally a couple of pretty flowers  that took my eye. Ragged Robin or Raggy Willie, a native wild flower...


And Yellow Monkey Flower a pretty non-native plant that is common in wet areas and along burn-sides...


No comments:

Post a Comment