Sunday, 28 July 2013

A spot of cliff jumping at Nibon...

By the powers of Facebook I met up with a couple of lads for a spot of cliff jumping at Nibon Isle in Northmavine. I came here some time back with another friend, but they'd not been before so I was 'guide' for the day and a good day we had! All the photos and video are courtesy of Brian Gray.

Here's the Isle of Nibon, not a long swim, but not having a decent wetsuit I was in my dry-suit which is a nightmare to swim in both in terms of movement and drag especially with my floatation vest on,also not having worn it for some time the neck was way too tight. I get there in the end without passing out, just. I won't be swimming any distance in that again!


It was a short walk across to the south west end of the island where our fun was to be had which gave me chance to get the dry-suit off and some blood back to my brain. That crack in front of us splits the island in two and you can swim and clamber along it, but we gave that a miss today...


This is was the main arena for our jumping, it's also a nice place to kayak into for a picnic. There's a tunnel with a roof collapse on the right of the geo which runs through to the another jump spot where the highest jump of the day was...


Hugh jumping through the roof collapse...


Me just resurfacing after jumping in the roof collapse. Between jumps I was holding my suit neck open as it was far too tight, that let air back in and then when I went in it I blew up like a michelin man, venting the neck in the water was hilarious, like a whale surfacing to breathe (yeh I know, you can hold your comments there!)...




Looking down from the highest jump. I'd though it was may be 40 feet last time I'd come, but they reckoned more like 60. It's hard to tell from the fish eye lens, but it is very high and very scary what ever the actual height is!


It's definitely a long way dooooowwnnn....



Brian put together a slo-mo compilation of some of the jumps we did. What a laugh. The final jump is me doing the big one, it's along way down...


I reckon we all had a good laugh and it'd be good to get out some time with more of their crazy friends, but first I need to buy a new wetsuit! Cheers guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment