Thursday, 16 May 2013

Here and there...

Last night my friend and I were busy moving Märta from Gremista marina in Lerwick up to Voe. We couldn't have had a much worse evening with constant wind and rain. Still, we got her onto her new birth up at Voe with no bother, but we were glad of the chance to dry out and warm up in The Pier Head Inn over a pint and some food afterwards...


Today the weather has been much better and while I was out and about I took a few photos. Here's a couple of mute swans near Quarff where I had my dinner...




There were plenty of other birds there too with oyster catchers, turnstones, swallows and a couple of seals in the bay.

Further south near Boddam were a number of ponies with their foals along the roadside. I took some photos of a couple of them. Very cute...
 


And down at Sumburgh Head for all most of the puffins were out at sea some were still about like this one doing a bit of house work...


They're probably photographed into a daze, but you can see why they're so popular...


And here's a short video of a couple doing their puffiny thing...


It's nearly the weekend and we've got no plans other than may be have some friends round for a laugh watching the Eurovision Song Contest, but I'm sure we'll be out somewhere...

1 comment:

  1. You look like you've been invited in to their family cirle! Curious little things,eh.

    ReplyDelete