Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Arctic terns...

You know when summer's arrived when the arctic terns are back and doing their graceful thing. And summer has definitely been back the last few days it's been gorgeous out there!

I love watching the terns and luckily down where Märta is moored in Voe they are nesting on the breakwater...






But today I was lucky up on Fetlar to see a little courtship feeding going on on The Loch of Funzie...





And all together now...


Sadly I wasn't lucky enough to see the red-necked phalarope at Funzie but I did find a pony skull nearby that is currently getting cleaned up a bit for Beren's bone collection...


Another bird I love watching soaring around the cliffs is the year round fulmars, wonderful quirky birds...


Well tomorrow it's off to Fair Isle for a few days, a couple of which will be work, but it'll be a very nice place to work!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo - I just finished that murder mystery set on Fair Isle (ann cleeves) - be careful of shady looking character over there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best take my teddy bear so I'm not too scared to get to sleep, and a knife LOL!

      Delete