Sunday, 10 March 2013

A Mother's Day wander out on St Ninian's...

There may be bits of snow here and there from during the night, the wind is bitter, but crikey what a stunning day it's been!


Our plans for Mother's Day were pretty laid back. A drive down to St Ninian's beach, Sunday tea at the always fantastic Levenwick Hall and may be another potter on the beach there.

It always amazes me that even on days like this the beach is pretty much our own...


All the better for Earl to have a run and a play...


It's funny how much he likes chasing his ball, our other longdogs weren't interested. He's not had the chance to chase a rabbit yet, some how I think he'll find them even more interesting!


He's got a jazzy new collar...


And a bit of a spring in his step...


We just a had a wander across to the isle and nosed around the cliffs...


There's a cool little cave that looks over the Ward of Scousborough back on the mainland...


 And some mini dunes building up...


 Earl got a bit carried away at times with Beren's shenanigans...


 But they're best of buddies really...


Levenwick Hall was pretty busy, but not too bad. Not surprising as the food is always fanstastic there and today was no exception. A selection of 5 home-made soups and breads (reestit mutton for me), gorgeous cakes and drinks. 

I always talk about doing Sunday Tea Crawls, but I'm always stuffed after the first! After our scoff we had another mess about on the beach at Levenwick, again with it to ourselves. Now it's time for a book and a snooze...




3 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of a Longdog before - I had to google it. Wiki tells me, you are probably a poacher!

    I've never heard of Reestit mutton either.
    The things I am learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I'm not a poacher, just had several grehoundy/lurcher dogs over the years and like them. Saying that a friend has asked about taking him rabbiting on his croft.

      Delete
    2. Meant to say reestit mutton is pretty much a shetland thing so most people not here haven't heard of it.

      Delete