Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Out west; The Quilse

 It's been back to icy blue skies and some wonderful views with frozen lochs and voes today. I was heading out west and stopped at Whiteness for some supplies and just had to take a photo of the Loch of Strom while I was there...


I had a few things to look at near Walls, one of which was some access at a place called The Quilse, and odd name and I've no idea where it comes from. Anyway on a day like today the views out over Vaila to Foula and back east were fantastic from there.

A pretty frozen lochan I passed on the way up from the car looked wonderful with the burst of cloud behind it...


The view from the top over Vaila Sound and out to Foula was pretty amazing...


And looking back over the remains of a chambered cairn on The Quilse across Gruting Voe towards the east wasn't to be sniffed at either...


But I think the view over the water at Walls stole the show...


What a stupendously gorgeous day to be out in!

No comments:

Post a Comment