Tuesday, 22 January 2013

A few black and whites...

After a while of bright sunny cold days we've had a few cloudy over cast days lately. Still icy, but little in the way of snow other than a dusting at times. Still there have been some great skies and plenty of crepuscular rays. I was out at Westerwick the other day and they were amazing, but it was very windy and I didn't have chance to take any photos.

Here's some rays peeping out over Fladdabister and Ocraquoys though...


I know turbines are a touchy subject, but I like the Burradale ones and don't find them an intrusion in the landscape at all.  Though I'm not so sure about the large scale Viking Energy Scheme.



And finally a few photos of the falls at Catfirth. I'm hoping to be able to get out with out the risk of toothache at the weekend and get some photos of the Burn of Gonfirth, particularly if the icy weather holds. In the meantime the falls at Catfirth had some icicles and skeens of ice, nothing dramatic but they looked nice with the low waterflow...








No comments:

Post a Comment