Tuesday, 15 January 2013

A dusting of snow...

Wow what a fantastically beautiful day it's been. While folks back home have been struggling with roads closed due to the snow we woke up to a light dusting of the wintry stuff and wonderful clear skies.

Here's the view across the Loch of Voe as I was heading north today for some work...


And further north just after the turn off for North Roe is Eela Water with a lightly dusted Ronas Hill in the background...


The sky out side now is full of stars and the ground is cold and hard. I don't think we're due any more snow, but it's going to be a cold one and icy in the morning. Pity there's no northern lights forecast for tonight as it'd be a great night for them.

While I'm here I might as well introduce you to Earl...


He's came back to Shetland with us from our Christmas visit home and seems to be settling in well.


He's only 9 weeks old and a whippet with a touch of Saluki in him. He's doing well with his house training and seems a very good natured boy and full of fun...



It'll be a few weeks yet before he can go on any ventures as he needs his injections, but for now he's enjoying playing in the garden and didn't seem at all phased by coming along to the Scalloway Fire Festival procession with us!

I'm sure you 'll see much more of him once he's vaccinated and I'm well too!



1 comment:

  1. Oh! He's gorgeous.had a busy week and only just got to my favourite blogs. Congratulations on your new arrival and I hope you have many happy years with him in your family.

    ReplyDelete