Sunday, 4 November 2012

Sandsound; lazing on a sunny afternoon

After a morning of housework and bits and bobs in town we went for a run on a lovely sunny afternoon to Sandsound...

From the parking area it's just a short walk to the beach down a good track...


There's plenty of old buildings about, obviously a busy community at one time over and back around the corner there used to be a ferry that took you over to Sand...



   
Here are some old photos of Sandsound from the Shetland Museum Archives. The archives are really interesting to look through.

We had a wander about the beach looking for anything interesting...


I skimmed stones, Clare picked up beautifully polished quartz pebbles and Beren, well he collected 'chicken nugget stones'!!!


We lay in the sun on the beach at the far end with pebble pillows, wrapped up in our coats and dozed for a good while. I even  caught the sun on my face, in November, in Shetland!


As the sun got lower we headed back nice and refreshed...


As I expected we got home to find I'd missed the Postie with my repaired camera, but luckily he came past the house later and noticed we were in so I'm now re-united with my camera.No more mobile phone photos, hopefully for a long time!








No comments:

Post a Comment