Friday, 9 November 2012

Down Sumburgh Head...

I though I'd just post a few photos from a recent trip down to Sumburgh Head. it was pretty wild and windy, as it is now, but a great afternoon.

Here's looking north along The Slithers (fantastic name) towards Compass Head from the carpark at Sumburgh Head. It was windy enough to take your breath away up there and the view did that too...


Along the coast from Sumburgh Head back towards Jarlshof there are a number of these stone cairns. Very well built and interesting. I don't know their story but I'm assuming they are some modern arty project. Fitful head is in the distance...


Approaching Jarlshof...


Jarlshof is now closed for the winter, but you can still get a good look in there if you want too...


 It's howling outside now with a gorgeous clear sky, but no aurora forecast. I'm keeping a close eye on the forecasts now...

No comments:

Post a Comment