Monday, 10 September 2012

Here and there and a few panoramas more...

What with the mixed weather and a lingering lurgy in the household we've not been straying too far. May be we're just settling early for the winter!

Anyway I've been trying a few more panoramic photos roundabout and even messing with HDR with a plugin for Lightroom, L/R Enfuse which I quite like as it's pretty simple!

Here's a view of Scalloway I took tonight from up on Gallows Hill just as the sun was starting to set and shine on the Clift Hills. We'd been up for a stroll with friend's in a lovely spot in the evening. If you click on the pics you should be able to see them full screen size...



I took a lot of photos at Hamnavoe on Sunday trying to get a collection for HDR photos. Sadly most had to be ditched as my camera had moved enough to stop good alignment of the photos for the HDR. I don't have an auto bracket facility on my camera and in dialing in the exposures must have nudged the camera too much. Anyway a few came out. This one is made of 8 sections from left to right and 3 photos for each HDR section, so 24 merged photos. Not sure if they are worth the effort, but with some effort I might get better eh?


 HDR panorama of Hamna Voe and Hamnavoe...


And another HDR pan of a small inlet on the west side on the way out to the Burra Light...


And here's a pan of Sand Water from Friday from the road down to Stromfirth. The house in the left is 'the halfway house' that you on the main road north. I love the road disappearing into the horizon...


I've not been out around the far west much, but it's somewhere I need to get back to to explore. Here's one over looking Walls from when I was out near Burrastow and Watsness recently...


Mareel is not long opened after nearly a 3 year build. I went there last Thursday to see Val McDermid talk about her new book 'Vanishing Point', her influences and career. She was great, as was Mareel. I was only in the auditorium, but had a wander through the rest of the place. The auditorium was great for that sort of intimate talk and looked like a great space for music and plays. We tried to get tickets to see a film or two with Beren but were obviously far too slow off the mark as the screenings we've wanted to see are all sell outs. It's been a controversial project up here, but hopefully now it's here it will be well used. It's certainly busy enough just now.

Here's the north boat just leaving Lerwick past it on Thursday before I went in for for the talk...


And a closer shot of the Mareel...


Hay dock with the museum and Mareel...


And finally a late night shot down at the Malakoff slip in Scalloway before I go to bedibyes...


No comments:

Post a Comment