Saturday, 22 September 2012

A daft laugh on the Isle of Nibon

I met up with a friend today for a little paddle across to The Isle of Nibon up in North Mavine. It was a glorious day. No wind, clear skies and flat water. Not bad for the autumn equinox...


After our paddle round to a sheltered geo we left the kayaks and went to do a little coasteering; climbing and swimming round the rocks and tunnels and best of all jumping in to the deep clear waters.

I've got some video of our fun and games, but it'll take a while to edit. We jumped from various cliffs, swam through caves and tunnels and also along a deep cleft whic runs from one end of the isle to the other and it it we disturbed an otter!

Here's some stills from the video of me entering the green room after jumping in through a roof collapse...







And here's a few stills from the video of me jumping off the highest spot of the day, certainly around the 40 foot mark though the fisheye makes it look less...







As you can see I bloodied my nose a bit, but I'm fine and we had a great giggle...


After a couple of hours slposhing and jumping about we headed back to the car at Nibon and after a brief chat with someone who lives there who kindly offered us a cuppa and some cake we headed home.

Certainly beats a sunny Saturday on Da Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment