Saturday, 31 December 2011

Papil; after the gales...

We woke up yesterday to find a lovely winters day waiting for us outside. There was no wind, a light frost and sun shining through a cloudy sky. I was itching to make the most of it and get out and about, may be up to Eshaness, but we had a few jobs to do first.


By the time we'd done our jobs I wasn't feeling so good, but after putting my feet up for  little while I made the short drive out to Bannamin Beach on Papil before it got dark to watch the sea and take some photos. It was great to see the crashing seas left over from the gales contrasting with a lovely calm late afternoon and evening light.


I just had a little wander along the north side of the bay to the headland and few experiments with my new camera.




About time to be heading back now, it was getting dark and tea was beckoning.


 A lovely evening, if you call 4pm evening...


Today, New Years Eve, we're back to grey drizzling rain, but thankfully the winds that were raging again in the night have dropped off considerably.


I think it'll be another lazy day today, but hopefully we'll get out for a wander tomorrow.


Anyway, where ever you are I hope you have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment