Monday, 25 July 2011

A peerie peek at the Tall Ships

After being so chuffed earlier in the year that I'd be here for the Tall Ships event in Shetland I've been decidedly under the weather of late and missed out on much of the celebrations.


We did get over to 'da toon' for a peeire peek though. Very impressive, though some of the smaller timber boats took my eye more than the enormous full riggers.


So here's a glimpse of some of what we saw, but I can assure you a quick google for Tall Ships images Shetland will get you some impressive photo's of them under way.

















Later today we went to a friend's house at Gulberwick thinking we'd see the start of the next leg of the race. Well I guess we did, but the start line was a lot further out than we'd thought, still it was impressive to see the mass of sail slowly heading off, next stop Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment