Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Friendly otter in the village...

I've not been out and about...


But,  %$£"%!!, I wish I had, as if I had been doing other than sitting on my 'erse' (again) today I would have seen this down in the metropolis that is Scalloway...



This friendly otter attracted a small crowd of admirers this morning when he paid a visit to the Scalloway fish market. Somebody threw him a mackerel and he set about his feast with relish.
Paul Mullay of L&M Engineering was working on the ferry Filla and had his camera handy. “Five of us were standing about a metre away from him,” he said. “We coulda clappit him if we had wanted.”
                                   Shetland Times

BTW...For you Non-Shetlander's, 'clappit' is to have stroked it. Where as where I come from if I clapped something I'm more than likely to have hit it.


Ok, excitement over, back to putting my feet up...

No comments:

Post a Comment