Friday, 27 May 2011

A bit of Burra this evening

The weather has been pretty unpredictable of late, even by Shetland standards, so when I got home and the weather was fine I decided to take my Mam and Beren for a quick run down to see Burra and have a picnic on the beach.


Quiet Waters was looking worse for wear. I'd heard some people had been down during the week removing the back end to get the engine out, well that they certainly had.



Down at Papil the skies were awesome looking out toward Fitful Head


And Foula too...


 

We had a late evening picnic on Meal Beach and then headed home...


 


 

After a day up Kergord woods with work and our little venture this evening I'm shattered, but looking forward to tomorrow. The Northern Isles Strongest Man is on in Lerwick in the afternoon, so I'm looking forward to seeing some of the lads from the gym compete while I relax and take a few photos.

2 comments:

  1. I can almost smell the salt air in those pictures... Stuck in a fjord that's something I miss....
    Great to see your Mum enjoying her visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was a fine evening. Some times I wish I was in a fjord though so I could get out kayaking or sailing. Nothing but gales of late.

    Treating to her the strongest man competition this afty, wonder if they have a strongest Mam LOL!

    ReplyDelete